At Darkinson Doors, we’ve been providing top quality fiberglass doors in Toledo, OH, since 1943. If you still haven’t bought a fiberglass door and would like to know why it’s the right choice for you, feel free to contact us.
However, if you’ve already made the purchase, our fiberglass door is a smart investment.
Not only does it offer a charming and unique visual appeal, but it also guarantees functionality, durability and convenience.
With minimum care, you can ensure your fiberglass door remains in mint condition for several years. Follow the guidelines below to keep your guests guessing how your door always manages to look as good as new!
Washing and Cleaning
Dirt has its way around crevices and corners. Fiberglass doors often collect dust in spaces between the door and glass.
Luckily, the cleaning process isn’t complicated. All you need is a wash cloth, a mild detergent and some lukewarm water. Make a solution of the detergent and water. Squeeze your cloth into it and rub against the surface of your fiberglass doors to reach every nook and cranny.
Finish off by rubbing with a clean, wet cloth.
- Repeat this procedure once every month for a deep clean.
- Remember not to use harsh detergents to protect your doors, and your skin.
- Always wear gloves during clean-up.
Painting and Staining
One coat of paint or stain and you’ll have your fiberglass door looking as good as new!
Similar to wood, fiberglass doors can also be stained. If your door is within the warranty period, consider contacting the company to assist with the refinishing.
If you’re feeling extra creative and would like to give your door a makeover, we suggest you follow the after-care guidelines provided by the company.
- Wood grain finishes can be refinished with a clear urethane coating.
- Switching from paint to stain will require stripping off the outer layer of paint completely first.
- Hiring a professional ensures the safety of your door.
As the age old saying goes, ‘A stitch in time saves nine’. Same is the case with your residential and commercial doors.
- Consider replacing hardware and fixtures for older doors for a transformed look.
- Ensure installed door guards are in place to avoid deterioration over time.
For more details and assistance, contact Darkinson Doors in the Toledo area or call us at 419-478-1000.